A1 LIVE SCAN & NOTARY SERVICES
631 SOUTH OLIVE STREET, SUITE 200, LOS ANGELES, CA 90014
MONDAY-FRIDAY.: 8:30 AM-5:00 PM
SATURDAY: 10:00 AM-3:00 PM
Fingerprinting is done in one of two ways – digitally by scanning your fingerprints on to a Live Scan computer and/or by ink (wet prints) manually on an ink card. Typically, your employer or the agency that requires you to have your background screened will inform you on the type of fingerprinting needed.
LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTING
When your fingerprints are scanned digitally, it is referred to as a Live Scan. Upon completion of your live scan, your digital prints are electronically submitted immediately to the CA Department of Justice (CA DOJ) and/or the FBI. These government agencies will then match your fingerprints against their criminal data base and directly notify the requesting agency of the results. If you have no record, you have successfully passed your background screening and the requesting agency may then issue your license or credential and authorize you to commence employment as the case may be.
A1 Live Scan is certified and authorized to roll fingerprints by the following organizations. We have performed 1000s’ of live scans and have a 99.99% acceptance rate of fingerprints submitted electronically.
- California Department of Justice (CA DOJ) – State Attorney General
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- United States Transportation Security Administration (TSA) – “Trusted Agent” & National Fingerprint Collector
- American Banking Association (ABA) Approved Fingerprint Collectors
CA DOJ LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINT FEE(S)
A1 Live Scan Rolling Fee Plus Applicable DOJ and/or FBI Agency Fee(s) – Please inquire for exact pricing.
A1 LIVE SCAN ROLLING FEE
$30 – Rolling Fee includes Transmission Fee to DOJ.
CA DOJ – CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE AGENCY FEES
$25 – DOJ Agency Fee for Personal Record Review Only.
$32 – DOJ Agency Fee for Visa/Immigration, Employment & Licenses.
$15 – Child Abuse Index Check – Only applicable on certain licenses for the Department of Social Services
$10 – DSS Surcharge – Only applicable on certain licenses for the Department of Social Services
$38 – Firearm Permit Background Check – Only applicable on certain licenses for Bureau of Security and Investigative Services.
FBI – FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION AGENCY FEES
$17 – FBI Agency Fee for Employment & Licenses.
$15 – FBI Agency Fee for Volunteers.
INK CARD FINGERPRINTING (FBI INK CARD)
Ink Card Fingerprinting may be required for any of the following reasons:
- To obtain your criminal history record from another state or another country. Individuals would be required to submit the ink card to the appropriate state agency or country’s goverment agency.
- To obtain a copy of your criminal history record sent directly to you by the FBI. This is particularly helpful for those individuals applying for immigration or adjustment of status.
- To obtain an out-of-state professional license such as licenses to practice law, nursing and other professions.
- FINRA / Federal Employment – Some employers including but not limited to those individuals seeking federal employment and others working in the securities industry regulated by FINRA are required to submit Ink Card fingerprints for background screening prior to being licensed.
INKED FINGERPRINT CARD FEES
$30.00 – Fingerprints on Standard FD-258 FBI Applicant Inked Card
$35.00 – Fingerprints on all other types of Inked Cards
Call A1 Live Scan now for your appointment!